Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

We had a great weekend with Mom coming to visit us in Minneapolis. She arrived Thursday and got her hair done and went to Palomino for Happy Hour. Friday we left work early to go shopping, then to Crave one of our favorite places. Saturday we got up, our new microwave arrived (which Tyler is very happy with!), went for a walk to the Rose Garden, the Peace Garden, Lake Harriet and the bandshell, went to Annie's for lunch on campus, took a little tour of campus, took a little tour of the Best Buy office then headed home for a movie. Sunday Tyler made us brunch and got flowers (Thanks to Ty!!) and we worked in the yard for awhile, Mom helped me start a veggie garden in a couple pots in the back (which I'm very excited about!) then it was time to head to the airport.

We had a great weekend and are so glad you came to visit Mom.

Here are plenty pics from our weekend!! Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day!

























4 comments:

  1. Thank you both for the best Mother's Day weekend!!! I had such a great time and you are so hospitable and kind. We did alot and I am sure you were worn out by the time you dropped me off. The security personnel took my boarding pass and license and said, "I am not letting you go any further until you give your daughter another hug and kiss!!" So I was happy to oblige. I got a little teary eyed when I left, I miss you so much and really love to be around you both, + Mr George!!. The flight was very fast and the shoreline lights of Lake Michigan made for a spectacular view out the windows. It was good to see Dad at the airport and I caught up on alot of tasks Mon and Tue. Cant plant anything yet, too cold here!! Thanks again for making me feel so special in your lives. I love you.
    MOM XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaza had a great visit to Minny. She was quite the party animal out on the town two nights in a row. She was a little sad to leave she had such a good time. Weather has been lousy since she came back. She must have brought that cold rainy weather from the north.

    Hoping for warmer weather by Friday and the weekend so we can plant flowers and get the deck rigged up for summer.

    Sorry I missed the trip. Hope to come up latedr this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day Week-End, and the pics look great. It is fun looking at pictures of the city we share. Mpls is an amazing city, and I have been happy to call it home since Nov 1988. Glad you all had such a nice w/e. The dinner spots sound great. I remember the time we went to Annie's, the night you were looking for your favorite dinner spot Katie that was no longer there. Well, we are looking forward to George' visit while you are on your big trip. Talk to you soon. Dan & Brett xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you planted veggies? Those look like flowers to me. JK ;)

    ReplyDelete