Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sewing 101

A couple Christmas' ago, Ty's Mom got me a sewing machine. I was so excited, but I recently decided it was time to get it out and learn to sew. Each winter I try to pick a new hobby to keep me busy (NOT skiing or anything else involving painful falls in the icey snow). This year I'm taking on the sewing machine.

I got it out of the box Tuesday, watched a demo video on how to thread it, etc. then got myself a pattern to make a skirt. Here is the result, a new pink and brown tweed skirt. I think it turned out pretty well, the zipper and hem are a little dicey but overall I'm happy with my first product.

Ty captured my first stitch also (see below). I plan on taking on another project this weekend as we watch a lot of football :)

Thanks Sandy, I'm enjoying the sewing machine a lot!






4 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm impressed! You totally blew my purse out of the water :) You have some natural talent there. Can't wait to see what else you make this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. that first stitch was phenomenal. You really did a great job with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to save some money and keep in style honey!! Gee maybe you can even make Ty some clothes, but probably George will be the best dressed dog in Minne!!!
    Love you
    MOM

    ReplyDelete