Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What a week

The past week or two has blended right together, I've been working and studying entirely too much. We did have a few fun times this past weekend, we went to see the NCAA volleyball tournament... both Purdue and Minnesota were playing so I thought it was exciting but they both lost which was not that exciting. We met friends at BWW after the game which is our favorite place on campus, they remodeled an old firehouse into a BWW and it is by far the nicest one we've been to. If you are on campus for an event, check it out!




No pics from BWW, it was about 7 degrees outside when we went :)

Saturday I had to study for the most part but we took a break and went to the Macys display (one of my favorites every year) and this year it was "Santaland"





And went to the skyroom for lunch... one thing I miss about working downtown is all the great food... and the skyroom (on the 12th floor of Macy's is one I miss a lot!)

Ended the weekend with a lot of studying but George was happy to keep me company...

Tyler started his basketball league and he's off to his first game! (Note - this is him smiling for me) :)

My wonderful mother celebrated her birthday over the weekend, Happy Birthday Mom! We sent her some Notre Dame and Nutcracker chocolates... she loves both and she loves chocolate - how can you go wrong? Happy Birthday Mom :) See you in a week!




javascript:void(0)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pics Katie. Looks like you've been very busy. I have to admit that we had no idea what BWW was, so I had to look it up :) Talk to you later. Good luck with school.

    D&B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute, Brett :) It's called Buffalo Wild Wings... you probably wouldn't like it much which is why you don't know what it is hahahahhaha. Hope you are enjoying the sunny CA weather - miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! Umm...add both BWW and the Macy's to places to eat when I visit next. Hello, you know I love to eat at department stores!!! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great chocolate for my birthday you two. Hope to save some for your visit, but no guarantee! Love the Macy's storefront displays. I can remember going to Chicago to see the windows all decorated, they were spectacular as these are in Minne. Glad you are now done with finals and can relax and get into the holiday spirit. We are getting excited about your visit--Molly too! I will be off Friday-Tuesday, going back Wednesday. Have a safe trip. It is 48 and sunny today, no snow on the ground yet. May be a green Christmas, which is just fine with me. Dad and I joined ICE athletic club and have been working out there. Trying to get some guest passes for the holiday weekend. See you soon honey.
    Love
    Mom XXX000

    ReplyDelete