Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas 2011

It's been awhile since my last post :) So here we go on what has happened since...

Best Buy holiday party complete with an ice sculpture, singing quartet, a santa and LOTS of children running around.

Finished up my Fall semester and I am officially more than halfway done with my MBA! YIPEE! Tyler got me a little "congrats" gift... it was a ROUGH semester!



Went to see the ballet, our friend Kat was dancing as the snowflake fairy. Sadly pictures weren't allowed so I had to settle for a program picture :)


We got our Christmas cards out, if you didn't see one then here is a virtual card from us - Happy Holidays!

Made a gingerbread house (Thanks Don!)


Made our way to Indiana... after some chicago style traffic of course!

Didn't take as many pics as I'd like when we were home due to being sick with a cold (yes, again) but we did have a great trip.

My brother Andrew and Lauren got engaged!! That was the excitement of the trip... George had his little friend to play with again!


Our new favorite appliance is the Keurig (Christmas gift from Mom & Dad) makes multiple hot drinks including cider, tea, hot chocolate etc. in the matter of a minute in a perfectly sized mug. We have used it every day since we got it.

We rang in the new year with some friends in Blaine playing games, having a dance party and singing karaoke. It was a great time - happy 2012!
(I wore my favorite accessory ever - the hat band)



George got quite the haircut from Ty so he will be in his sweater for awhile... good thing he has such an extensive wardrobe.

Our last bit of news... I got accepted into a study abroad program in Beijing, China and will be headed there in May for 2 1/2 weeks and I can't wait. Leave me any advice if you've been in China :)

I'm headed back to classes next week but until then I am enjoying my free time with Ty & George, getting things done around the house and getting more and more excited to get done with the last year of school! YIPEEEEEEE!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and is enjoying the abnormally warm winter, I know we are!!!
xoxo,
Katie, TY & George

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it halfway through your MBA! I miss the gingerbread house party:( Yours looks delicious:) Glad to hear you are enjoying some warmth. We are too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating your blog Katie. You know we enjoy keeping up with the Dowds :) Good luck with the rest of your schooling & congrats on your China trip. That will be really awesome. Can't wait to see those pics. Have a great week. Nice chatting yesterday.

    D&B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so hapy to have you, Ty, and George home for the holidays. It was a great time with everyone. Glad you are enjoying the Keurig and the variety of K-cups! It was special this year with Andrew and Lauren and their engagement and all the family together. Thanks for updating the blog, miss it so much when you are so busy. Love the picture of you and Lauren and the little elves! Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete