Sunday, January 29, 2012

2 Birthdays, a trip to Chicago and a new Sink!

We started off the new year with a house project... replacing our kitchen sink. I wasn't thrilled to take on a project the week I went back to school but it was all worth it because now I love it... new sink, new faucet and now a disposal. No more cleaning the drain every day - I am really moving up in the world! :)



Welcome back to Carlson school! I am taking class on Wednesdays (Financial Management & Decisions) so far so good but a lot of reading and case studies.

We helped our friend Liz celebrate her birthday complete with an extremely delicious ice cream cake.


Tyler and Don are coaching a basketball team so they made jerseys for the team which turned out really well, they even won their first game this week.

This past weekend we made it to Chicago, I went to visit Amanda for a pre birthday celebration and Tyler went to a UFC fight. We ate, laughed, shopped and had a great time catching up!





Amanda clearly needed pink cupcakes and a heart mug for her birthday! :) She loves all thinks pink and girly.


After a fantastic weekend we made the long drive back to Minneapolis to see our beloved little George who was thrilled to have us home!!!

I almost had to board George but at the last minute Liz & Don came to the rescue and let him out over the weekend for us. THANKS SO MUCH!!! :) You guys are the best.

That's all for now - more to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Liz and Amanda!!!Love your new sink and disposal honey!! Did Tyler do that by himself? Such talent. You will really appreciate it as you use it. If looks great.

    So the coaches make their own uniforms and coach the team--gee pretty good deal for the players, hope they have a good team and lots of fun.

    Chicago looks like they dont have any snow either, it is sunny and getting up to over 40 here today and close to 50 tomorrow, not sure I can remember a winter this mild. Good luck with your class.

    I placed my order for my dress for the wedding in navy blue. I hope it will fit and look good. Dad and I are still working out 3 x per week at ICE. It is getting easier and less intimidating.

    Hugs and kisses to Ty and Mr. George. Love you honey.
    XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new sink Katie. It's funny sometimes how we get excited about things like sinks, but we use them quite a bit :) George definitely looked very happy to see you upon your return from Chgo. It's nice that you have some great people to watch over him. Chicago looked like a lot of fun & agree with Amanda - the pink cupcakes are a winner :) A read an article that macaroons are going to be the next big thing, so we'll have to watch that trend. Have a great rest of your week. We always enjoy seeing the blog updates :)

    Hugs xoxo
    D&B

    ReplyDelete