Sunday, November 11, 2012
Fall 2012
It's been awhile, my posts aren't quite as frequent as they used to be but don't worry we are still here. Over the past couple months we were lucky enough to spend some time with Tyler's family who came to visit from California (Tucker, Melissa and their two little girls McKenna and Kayla). We had a lot of fun, I was worried about entertaining two kids since we've never had little visitors before but we found a ton of things to do while they were here and I think they had fun too.
We went to the zoo, aquarium, MOA and the rids, the park (a lot), the children's museum in St Paul, the vikings game and lots of other fun.
Thanks for coming out to visit :) George of course enjoyed all their warm fuzzy blankets... and for that reason he was also sad to see them go.
We also went to Chicago for Whitney (a friend from high school/roommate in college) and Randy's wedding. I especially enjoyed it because my very best friend from college also lives in Chicago and we had a really great time seeing them and staying with them for the weekend. We got to catch up and laugh A LOT.
Here are a couple pics from the wedding with some of my high school friends, it was a really nice wedding in the Ravenswood Event Center.
We got to roam around Chicago on Friday since we got in early which was fun, we walked around downtown awhile, had pizza of course and went shopping. Perfect day off. We even stopped in to see the new city Target store which is right downtown and had a very cool design.
Tyler attended a UFC fight that was up here in Minneapolis (I had to skip, not my cup of tea!)
Oh and I forgot his vikings game pictures here are a few he got from the game (it was his first NFL game, though he was disappointed that the 49ers lost...)
I've been enjoying my new job... recently I went to Dallas for a product launch, we enjoyed tickets to the Gopher suite when they played Purdue (both my schools) and were escorted down to the field, we've been to the twins suites and plenty of nice dinners. Almost makes allllllll the hours worth it, almost :)
I REALLY liked Dallas! The people were soooo nice there, the food was really good, it was very warm and just a really nice place. Though I was only there for 24 hours but I do know right away if I'd like a city or not (this is kind of a joke that Tyler teases me about....) what can I say I know what I like and don't like :)
My wonderful friend Liz hosted a little vampire diaries party and went out of her way to make us drinks including ice cubes shaped like teeth with red food coloring to look bloody. I realize this sounds odd BUT it was super cool!!! Another person brought cookies to go with the theme. I missed the bring an awesomely creative treat to the party memo.
I will be taking ideas for a creative treat to bring to the finale so let me know if you have an idea!!
Well that's about it for this Fall update, thanks for continuing to follow our blog despite my lack of frequent posts! In other news I will be finishing up my fall semester in 5 short weeks and registering for my LAST SEMESTER OF SCHOOL EVERRRRR. WHO ELSE IS EXCITED???????? 6 months to go, almost seems unreal! What will 2013 have in store for us?? I predict some exciting change... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







































I'm sure you could guess I would be your first commenter Katie :) I guessed correctly that you updated your blog after I saw you updated FB :)
ReplyDeleteFall looks like it's been good to the Dowd household. I would say you did a great job with keeping the kids happy while they visited :) I love the picture of George on the blanket. He looks oh so cozy! The City Target looks very cool.
And I am very happy for you for your ending of school Katie.
Oh, and I bet I can get you to like San Diego in less than 24 hours :)
Love & Hugs from Daniel & me
Yay for fall! You guys have certainly been busy! I love the look of the new city target in Chicago and that picture of the pizza made me HUNGRY and crave Giordannos. Can't wait for more vampire inspired treats for the season finale :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the updates honey, missed seeing you this fall, thanks for sharing your fun and special events. I am glad your schooling is winding down for you, you have worked hard to achieve this goal. Looking forward to 2013 with you and Tyler as well.
ReplyDeleteLove mom