Monday, September 3, 2012

Rest of Summer 2012

The rest of the summer flew by. After the 4th we had a couple relaxing weeks then left for Indiana for Andrew (my twin brother) and Lauren's wedding which was a really great weekend. I didn't get many pictures but here were a few good ones from the weekend
A couple weeks later I finally finished summer school (HOORAYYYY) and we've been enjoying the free time ever since!!
It's amazing how much better life is when I'm not in school, helps me to look forward to graduation more and more :) We made it to the uptown art fair this year, tried a falafal gyro which was pretty tasty if you would like to find one check out the falafal king in uptown :)
In August my little brother Matt and older brother Michael came up for a visit and we had a lot of fun too. We went to the lakes a lot, went swimming, out to dinner, downtown, uptown, the band shell, the Guthrie, the river, to campus and the farmers market.
After that we headed to California for a week to visit Tyler's family, see his cousin get married off, celebrate our niece McKenna's 4th Birthday and Tyler's Moms Birthday. It was a great trip, we got to visit a lot, relax, mountain bike and spend a day in San Francisco. Great time away :) Mountain biking was really cool yet scary at times but a great workout for sure.
We finally made it home, George was quite happy to see us again :)
We made it out for a few bike rides sunset style, I sure do love Minneapolis in the summertime...
And last but not least, Andrew (my twin brother) and his wife Lauren came up over the past weekend for Labor day to visit and we had a really great weekend. We rented a both with a group of friends and we all made it out on the water for a long day of swimming, jet skiing, wake boarding and fun. I of course was the only person that couldn't ski or wake board (it has something to do with the skis..... regardless of snow or water I'm just not meant to be on skis :) we also made it around town, shopping and enjoying the great weather. Thanks for coming up guys!
Mom these are for you, pictures of my flower pots (which made it all summer long!)
That's all for now :) Back to school next week...2 semesters to go.... :)

5 comments:

  1. Dang, you guys have had a busy summer! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your pix honey, lots of activity this summer. Glad your plants are doing well and that you have had such a busy summer. We hope to visit this fall too. Love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello guys. Looks like an awesome end to your Summer. I have to say all the pics of Mpls kind of make me miss it and miss you guys.

    Congrats to all your families on their weddings.

    Falafel is a great meal. Dan makes this every once in awhile and we love it.

    I enjoyed the pics of CA. The mountain biking looked like alot of fun. As well as the boating in Mpls. I have a pic of the heart in SFO with the GGB in it :)

    Lastly your pots look lovely Katie.

    Wishing you the best for the last part of your MBA. You are almost there :)

    Have a great Autumn too. Please post lots of Fall colors pictures. I guess there is a town up in the mountains called Julian near San Diego that has Fall colors. Probably won't match the colors back there though.

    Hugs from SOCAL.

    D&B



    ReplyDelete
  4. BUSY, BUSY!!! What a fun summer you've had. Love the "Elizabeth W" store you found :) Also, the pic of you and Liam on the boat is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of nice pictures Katie. Glad you had such a good summer. I want you and Ty to meet mom and me in California someday. I am still wotrking on that one. Not sure when we are coming to Minneapolis. Take care. Dad

    ReplyDelete