You surprised us all by arriving more than 3 weeks early
Shockingly, my water broke sometime over night and since I expected you to go past your due date I was not ready for you! I woke up and started the laundry to clean your clothes and clean out your car seat, then I decided to take a shower and wake your dad up to go to the hospital.
Big sis Avry was not too pleased to wake up so early. Once we told her that you were coming she perked right up and got in the car to go to the hospital and take care of mommy's tummy.
Grandma and grandpa got in the car to come up to Chicago to watch big sister while we were away.
Everything went so smoothly and you came right out to meet us that afternoon. You were a tiny little peanut at 5 lbs. 6 oz., we couldn't believe how tiny you were.
Everyone in the family was surprised about your arrival but so excited to meet you! We spent a few days in the hospital you had a lot of tests which all went well and you were a happy little baby right from day one.
We got home from the hospital and couldn't wait to get settled as a family of four. Grandma Leaza stayed for 10 days helping us get settled and it was wonderful. Dad got two weeks off work with us and then grandma Sandy came for 10 days to help us. I had a lot of help and you have been wonderful along the way.
At your one month check up you were 7 lbs. 11 oz. and everyone was very impressed with your growth. You pretty much slept the first month of your life, I had to wake you up to feed you all the time because you loved sleeping too much. You hardly ever cried only when you got hungry.
Big sister Avry was so excited to meet you but was not quite gentle enough so we had to teach her to be very very gentle with her "tiny sissy". The first month flew by and we love you very much already.
I wanted to track your milestones again in this blog because I am happy to have them written down somewhere.
Yes, Adisyn you came early and surprised all of us. Your mommy and daddy have done a great job helping you get a healthy start to your life. I enjoyed helping everyone during your first few weeks when you were so tiny.
ReplyDelete