Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!!! We were really busy this year...I had to study for my stats final, Tyler did a lot of cleaning and George went to the groomer for his summer haircut. He's lookin good!! We had another busy week...looking forward to next week when my class is over. We've been out for a few long walks, I've been on a couple runs around the neighborhood with George (he walks as fast as I run!) and of course...we've been watching a lot of basketball. Let's go Butler!

Work is good, Tyler had his review and got a good raise (Congrats Ty!) They sure do love him :) I had mine a few weeks ago, its much less formal at Best Buy than Target that's for sure. We are loving the weather, it's been the nicest March (and really entire winter) that I've seen in the 5 years I've been in Minneapolis.

Speaking of, I can't believe I've lived here for nearly 5 years!! Time has flown by. Aside from the weather, distance from family and friends, and expensive housing I really do like Minneapolis and I'm glad we are here. It's been very good to us!

We got new neighbors over the weekend...a Mom with 3 little boys. Much butter than the rif raff that lived there last summer so we are hoping for a less stressful summer with our new neighbors. The house across the street is for sale again if anyone wants to buy it :)

Ty got a new putter and wedge for his birthday (yes, I know its a couple weeks away but he was VERY excited to get his putter). He went golfing again Saturday morning and putting this morning. He has been going golfing every weekend since the course opened. He's gotten really into it (Thanks to Dad and my brothers!) Andrew, he says he's going to beat you next time :)

That about wraps up the week! George and Ty send their love and we all wish you a happy Easter! Hope everyone ate a lot of good food today! We had a nice Easter dinner with some Target friends. I took the green bean casserole which everyone loved. We ate way too much! I guess that's what the Holidays are for.

5 comments:

  1. Glad Minneapolis is treating you well. See what an early spring can do. Mom and I spent our first Easter without any children. We had steaks on the grill.

    Enjoyed seeing Matthew's apartment and where he works in Cincinnati. He seems to like his job and enjoys Cincy.

    We are hoping Butler can upset Duke tomorrow and win the NCAA. The coach for Butler, Brad Stevens, is a Zionsville HS graduate.

    Mom has been talking about her mothers day trip to see you and is excited. She wants to see Rocco Altobelli while she is up there.

    I have played golf a couple times and hope to play this week. Hope you both have a good week.

    Good luck on your test Katie. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you guys too. We are very happy that you like Mpls & I know Mpls likes you too! We will be happy to see George' new haircut, I hope they didn't take too much hair off this time! We will watch for Ty golfing as we walk or bike around Lake Hiawatha. They have been quite busy lately. Good luck on your test Katie. Have a great week. D&B xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed our visit today...Sounds like things are going well. I too want Butler to take it all.
    I hope your finals go well Katie. I might be going to Sac. tomorrow. Have a great week. Love you both, Happy Easter mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you and Happy Spring. Great to have you back on the blogging honey, missed you. Yes, It is hard to believe you have been up in Minne X 5 years, but it has been a good career move for both of you and fabulous corporate experience to start out with fresh out of college. You are lucky you both have such great jobs and your employers seem to appreciate what you do for them. Congrats on the raise Ty, who wouldnt love having you on their team???

    Lots of yard work to do but looking forward to a sunny weekend. Loved Newport on the levee last weekend at Matt's place and his corporate job at Proctor and Gamble is impressive as well. He gave us a tour of where he works and I was very amazed at it all. We had a good visit.

    Enjoy the golf and Lake Harriet. Love to you, Ty and George.
    Mom XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see all is well with you both. I have had some equipment upgrades, so I look forward to the golf show down. We shall see! Glad things are warm up in Minni.

    Be well,

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete