Monday, January 17, 2011

Next up, Valentines Day!

I'm starting up class again on Thursday so I'm enjoying my time off until then.

Picked up some cheap fabric and made a table runner and decorated our hutch with misc things around the house. If you don't like Valentines day... you should probably wait until March to come to our house again :)


Found some of my favorite things around the house, my bouquet from the wedding, a couple of my favorite cards from the wedding, the bottle Tyler made and proposed with, our engagement pics, and one picture circa 2004 when we just started dating :)


Bought the "Love" for $1 and decorated it with some stones and buttons. The stones were part of the center pieces at our wedding so I think that's neat.

I made a couple valentines cards

Used the rest of the fabric to make a couple pillows for the couch.



We made it to the Purdue/Gopher basketball game. I only got a couple pictures, but it was a good game - very close. Purdue unfortunately lost in the last minute or so.



We had a lovely dinner & movie night with the Wortleys... made by hand from Tyler (or so he liked to pretend!) :)


and Ty got some new jump suits (isn't he cute?) :)

7 comments:

  1. Very creative and festive. Always fun to decorate for the holidays and you did a really nice job. Helps make the winter go by faster. I remember when I used to talk to my mom every year around Valentines day and she would tell me how her daffodils were in bloom and I would look out my windows and see snow and no sign of daffodils, but it always gave me something to look forward to, ie the first sign of spring. Love you honey
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, those decorations are so cute, nice job! And great ideas! Hope to see you soon.... it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever and cute! You should come decorate my house for Valentine's day :) Thanks again for making us that DELICIOUS dinner and for the company! I look hideous in that picture, but I'm blaming it on pregnancy and bed rest. Hope that counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. House looks good Katie. You are really in to Vday. Tyler is looking stylish in his new threads. Stay warm. And remember Spring will be here soon. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. The V Day house looks really cute. Good job Katie. Maybe you should make George a cute Valentine's outfit :) I like the jump suit. Have a good rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH!!! Katie!!! Stop it, your house is the CUTEST!!! OMG, I can't even stand it! I love your Valentine's Day crafts!!! You are so clever and creative!! Those pillows are the best, I hope you keep them up year round!! I can't wait to see what you create for the next holidays. Where is Mr. George? Does he not like to snuggle on the Valentine's Day couch? Can you come decorte my house? I could use your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete