Every year mid-January we struggle with the weather here. After consecutive days of negative temps, no sunlight, cold wind, ice everywhere, shoveling, more snow on top of snow we got in November, etc. etc. I ask myself, why do I live in such a cold place? When can I get a break and move to a warmer climate? I remind myself that some day we will live somewhere that doesn't get snow and live happily every after and all of our MN can come visit us in January :)
The end.
I think the answer to your question is that you live in MN for great jobs, great opportunity right out of college that others only dream about, a solid world class company to work for, great benefits, opportunity for advancement, great coworkers, a world class city that attracts young talented people to work in some of the best corporate offices around, incomes that allow you to travel and do some exciting things, opportunities for entertainment in a big city, new friends, educational opportunities, great corporate experience that will have a life long impact on your career, a kind and loving spouse, home ownership, affordable cost of living, people who care about you and love you and of course MR. George!!! The harder the winter the more you appreciate the spring and summer.
ReplyDeleteLove you
MOM XXX000
This made me laugh. The last two weeks have been a bit rough on me too! I think the worst is over now though. I hope you never leave, but if you do- don't be surprised if you get a mid-January visit from us!
ReplyDelete@MOM - well sure, theres that. But other than that, MN's got nothing.
ReplyDeleteMom,
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add the disclaimer that you can't comment because I knew what you would say!
Kate-Hang in there. Only about 50 days till spring:) If you move somewhere where it nice in January I will be glad to come visit. We are going to get a short break with a quick trip to Florida. Your mom did not really want to go because she said we would have to come back. I said yea but we will be somewhere nice for a few days. It has been a tough winter in that it got cold and stayed cold but it could be worse. New York and Boston have had more storms and they can not handle them like they can in SB or Minnesota. Get out your Hawaii pics and relive the moments.
ReplyDeleteHoney, as you know I am a "glass is half full" kind of person and always try to find the positive. That's what Moms do you know!!!
ReplyDeleteLove YOU
Did anyone noticed where the husband came in the order of importance? At least I came before Mr. George, so, I got that going for me. Damn that dog! I curse the day he took all of my attention from Katie! Damn that dog!
ReplyDelete