When I first moved to Minneapolis, I didn't know a soul. Tyler and I packed up a little uhaul and drove my stuff from my parents house in Indiana to my new apartment in Minneapolis. I moved here to work at Target and just before I officially started I met Brett. Brett had been at Target more than 20 years and he was on my new team, which was called Expense Management (what a fun name, right?)
The day I officially started I met Kendra (below). She also joined us in Expense Management and for over two years the three of us were great friends. Brett taught us everything we needed to know and these two were my very first Minnesota friends! We had many good days and many bad days together and a LOT of laughs.
6 years have passed since I moved here and we've still kept in touch :) On Friday, Brett retired from Target and he is off in the world to enjoy biking, walks, skiing and the other great activities nature offers. I wish him the best and thank him for everything he has taught me since moving to Minneapolis. We got together on Friday to celebrate his retirement!
In other less exciting news, we took the Mr to get his hair cut.
3 Hours later.... he cleans up well :)
Hi Katie. Thank you so much for your kind words. You have been a great friend to me too. I am very happy that we have been able to keep in good contact over the years & I look forward to many years to come. I had such a nice time on Friday & I love the pic of Kendra and us. It seems a bit odd to be sitting here away from Target, but I have many good memories of Target & all the nice people I met over the years. We are just back from seeing Mr. George & he looks really cute after his grooming :) Well, thanks for having me as your blog post. It makes me feel very special. Have a great week Katie & we'll talk to you soon. Love, Brett xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brett and thanks for making Katie's experience at Target such a positive one. I too remember the day Katie and I were apartment shopping before she even started at Target and we were introduced. You have been a real friend and support to her in her first job in the big city. I hope you enjoy your retirement and you will continue to be posting many more comments on the blog. I enjoy reading your comments. You have helped them see the many good things about Minneapolis, in spite of the winter months.
ReplyDeleteLeaza
Thank you Leaza/Mom. Katie and Tyler have been great friends to Daniel and I too. It has been so nice meeting your entire family :) Thanks for the retirement wishes. It has been a very nice first week & walking George is a big part of that. He is such a fun dog and fun personality. Mpls is a great city, even with our Winters. I have to admit that even I get a bit tired of them sometimes(especially trying to walk on the ice!!), but we do enjoy our Winter activities. I will be continuing to post comments. I enjoy reading all the comments too. It's such a nice way to keep in touch :) Take care, Brett xoxoxo
ReplyDelete