Thursday, February 23, 2012

Superbowl Sunday, a new light, Valentines Day and a Beijing update

Super bowl Sunday - we went to watch the game at our friends and ate really delicious food including heart shaped bean dip :) My favorite commercial was the one where the parents got the high school graduate a tiny fridge with a bow on it and he freaked out because he thought he was getting the yellow mustang. Hilarious!



Tyler started his new job 2 weeks ago so he took a day off to "relax" and by "relax" I mean he decided to redo the lighting and organization (or lack of) in our kitchen :) New drying rack with hooks and storage by the sink and the fridge. I'm in love.




Valentines day was full of eating sweets and a dinner date with my wonderful husband.





Other than that, my class has been a lot of work so I've been really busy with school work but it's good - I'm learning a lot :) I'm getting ready for China, we both submitted applications for passports so I should be getting that soon and then I'll apply for a visa. I found out which hotel we are staying in while we (my class for study abroad)are in Beijing. It's called the Jianguo Garden Hotel in Beijing. A couple pics of the place:





This past weekend it was pretty nice out so we took a nice stroll with George over to lake Calhoun to walk on the ice and enjoy the sun - it was great!



So bright it looks like we are in shock at the sight of sun! :)

That's all for now - more to come again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. The kitchen looks great (nice job Ty - next time take a day off to RELAX!!!) V Day looks delicious. And that hotel in China looks like 5x. Glad you didn't fall through the ice at Calhoun. They always say President's Day is it for walking on lake ice :) Thanks for the update KT. Hi to Ty & Mr G.

    D&B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of improvements going on. Love your work in the kitchen Tyler. Glad you had a nice trip to the lake and some goodies for Valentine's Day. We went out to Bonefish for dinner--loved the bang bang shrimp appetizer. We are getting ready for our trip to Florida. Hope to have some nice sunshine as well. Continues to be a mild winter with alittle snow that melts in a day or two and then green grass. My daffodils are confused. Looks like a pretty nice place to stay for a couple weeks in China. We wont worry about you "roughing" over there. Glad that school is going well, coming down the home stretch. Thanks for sharing your pictures and the update honey. Love you and miss you.
    Mom XXX000

    ReplyDelete