Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Glorious weather

In the 7 long winters I've endured in Minneapolis this is by far the best. This is currently the forecast

Coincidentally it is my Spring Break this week (no class for me!) so we are taking advantage of the abnormally warm weather by taking a lot of walks around the lakes. Look how happy George is to be outside!!! He can't even sit still he's so beside himself.





The irony - he does not like for a fan to blow on him but he is more than happy to stick his head outside the car window. Who knows?

I also discovered a new accessory store (for anyone out there that loves fun jewelry/clothes/ shoes, etc.) called Charming Charlies. It's at the west end gallery near Rojo house and it is a huge store with the cutest stuff - I was very excited about it and had to share the news. It's all organized by color so no matter what color you're looking for there is an entire section dedicated! I have been happy with the quality for the price but will let you know if they don't hold up. I got a couple things from Francesca's and was not pleased with the quality after a few months, no fun.

Anyway this is the pair of earrings I picked out:


And this is what the store looks like

That's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello & Happy Spring to you! I love the pics. I'm not too much into jewelry I guess - I don't even wear a watch anymore :)

    Enjoy your Spring Break Katie and hi to Tyler and Mr G. They are having a special organ concert at Spreckel's for pets and their people on your birthday - so I'll think of you then ;) All kinds of pet songs, should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what glorious record breaking weather we are all having-30 degrees above the normal temps. The flowers are confused--hope they make it! Happy Spring Break honey, glad you have some time off to explore new yogurt and accessory stores. Looks like a good time. Mr George was ready for an early spring I take it. We are enjoying the weather and the warmth-glad we have the same weather you are having now. It is wonderful and uplifting.

    Glad you got your passport and are preparing for your international outing!! Two of the doctors here are going to be in China the same time as you with their son who is doing something in China as well. Did you want me to go to China with you???

    Take care and love to Tyler and Mr George. Miss all of you very much.
    Love
    Mom XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  3. George looks so happy! Kaia is loving it too... we've been on lots of walks :) Believe it or not, there is a Charming Charlies in South Bend! My mom first showed it to me last fall and I love it too! Hope the rest of your break is great. ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. George looks pretty happy. Glad its an early spring. I hope we are done with the snow.

    ReplyDelete