Well this weekend was another busy one. I had class on Friday night and come home around 8pm to find Tyler and Don working away on another fence
Instead of offering to help I immediately went inside to eat dinner and hoped that it got dark fast enough for me to not feel bad about going outside to help :) Luckily they finished it all up the next day, added a gate on to the front and it looks awesome!
Tyler also picked up a lot of sand and stone to fill in the icky side walk on the other side of the house. Now it is much nicer.
Before (you can kind of see how broken up the concrete was)
Anyway at least the fence project is officially done, thanks for your hard work Tyler and Don!!! Meanwhile I got out my new mixer and froster and made some lovely strawberry cupcakes for the Quinlans who were celebrating all sorts of good news (new jobs, a baby, a birthday, etc.) so it seemed necessary :) and I wanted to use my new mixer....
Then Sunday we spent the day (unexpectedly) installing a new door... which let me tell you is a lot more work than it seems!
1. The door must fit the door way. If it doesn't, you have to saw the door off.
2. If you have a drill with batteries and the battery runs out, you have a problem.
3. You must have a lock that you can use in the new door (locks are harder to install than they appear, take it from me)
4. The holes in your door way from your old door may not align with your new door thus requiring you to drill new holes.
5. The addition of the lock may make it harder to shut the door requiring you to sand the door down.
All in all it was a LOT of work. If you don't have to, don't install a new door :) but hey, at least it looks fantastic!
Note, I did actually help with the door project and I'm pretty proud of myself. Though I don't believe I added any value other than coming up with the thought of borrowing our neighbors plug in saw...
George and I spent the majority of our time watching.
I did get seeds for my veggie garden, thinking I'll be able to plant a lot sooner this year.
That's about it for us!













Dang. You guys have been busy! The fence & door both look great. Good work.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what it takes to get Don to come help me with a project. Every time I ask he just shakes his head and walks away.
Ty is so handy!!!!!!!! Love the new improvements that you guys made. Aren't you just the little DIY couple! Please buy all your power tools at Sears (really, please! LOL).
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the Quinlans too! That's such wonderful news. And hello- aren't mixers the best?!?! #BakingDive
Post about the progress of your Veggie Garden- work your green thumb girl. work it. I heard Flo-Rida in the car this morning, i can't wait to come back to MN!!! (not camping).
Wow, the fence and door look great Katie. You know I would definitely be right alongside you and George watching :) Tyler and Don are pretty incredible, great job. Good luck with the end of this school semester Katie.
ReplyDeleteSorry. Wanted to also say the cupcakes look delicious & the veg garden will be wonderful. I see the assortment of seeds & you will be able to make some yummy meals this Summer. Look forward to hearing about your veggie meals :)
ReplyDeleteI could really use Tyler, his truck and Don at my house, only 10 hour drive guys,come on down!! Lots of spring projects going on at your house. Very nice additions honey, you are making some very nice improvements.You are all very resourceful and talented to be able to do this yourselves. Glad Mr. George gets so much attention during all the project work too!!
ReplyDeleteHope you are all doing well, I know you are getting ready for the big trip to China. That will be exciting. Love you
MOM
XXX000