Saturday, July 7, 2012
Summertime Fun
We started out summer in true Dowd fashion - on the go every weekend :) But it has been a lot of fun. Once I got back from China I had a week off class and we had one of Tyler's friends come for a visit. We went to a Twins game and the rest of the time was boys weekend which included lots of golf.
The following week I started up summer school, Tyler and Don finished up work on our brand new deck and my parents came up from Indiana for a visit. The deck turned out wonderful and I am so happy we have it now. We picked out patio furniture which took longer to assemble then the deck and now we have plenty of room outside to sit as well. Loving it - it's been a very hot summer.
Then the next weekend we flew to Chicago for Dana's wedding in Bloomington, stopped at Purdue on our way and then to visit my brothers in Indianapolis. Two of them also came with us to Bloomington where we stayed the night Saturday, headed back to Chicago on Sunday and flew home Sunday night only to wake up and get to work and class the next day. Let's just say we were really tired but it was really great to see my family and some of my best friends.
Then the next weekend we were finally home, no visitors and no plans. Time to relax and reconnect! We decided to walk around the lakes, kayak at Lake Calhoun, get George outside, clean and just spend time together. It was a great weekend too.
Outside of that school has been good this semester, I really like both classes I'm in and I started a new job when I got back from China so that has also been good but learning a new job on top of everything else has been a little stressful. On the flip side I've been able to go to a lot of fun events (dinners, lunches, boat cruise, team events and award summits, vendor dinners, etc.) so here are a few of the highlights
Aerosmith in concert
Dinner at Manny's downtown. They have literally the largest portions of dessert I have EVER seen in my life so if you like dessert (Brett & Dan) you should really go there even if it is just for a brownie or sundae (below). RIDICULOUS but delicious at the same time.
And over the past week we had a nice middle of the week Holiday where we were able to pick out a new washer and dryer (after ours broke) and visit our wonderful friends the Wortleys and their newest addition Alexander who is the sweetest little thing on earth :)
Thanks for reading my mid summer post, hope everyone is having a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































You guys have been busy! I'll have to come over for a BBQ on that deck sometime!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update Katie. I was getting bored at looking at my face from the last blog entry :) Just kidding.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear that you guys have had a busy fun Summer :) Baseball looks fun with Ty's friend. I love your new deck & the furniture is great! It's nice you have been able to spend quality time with family & friends on it already. And I'm sure Mr George has been enjoying it too :)
The IN trip looks like fun, it's always fun to do some reminiscing(sp?) too.
The kayaking on Calhoun looks fun and makes me miss the city some & you know we are missing you guys too.
About the amenities of your new position, that is awesome! I remember working in Music and Movies Merchandising and it was always fun to meet the different stars that came to sell us their latest CDs. Aerosmith looks fun and I'm sure the girls still scream for Steven Tyler (had to Google that!)
You are a great fit for Merchandising Katie. You have the outgoing personality that it takes plus all the Financial background for the retail accounting.
You are right that we would LOVE that delicious looking dessert at Manny's.
We are glad that you got to spend some great quality time with the Wortleys. The new baby is cute. I am not sure if Tyler mentioned that Don came over while we were at your house and we had a nice chat.
Take care & hi to Tyler and Mr G.
xoxo
D&B