Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good and bad news today

Good news: Our beloved Purdue boilers won their basketball game today beating #2 ranked Ohio State. Boiler up!

Bad news: ANOTHER SNOW STORM. When will it end Minneapolis when???? We can't take it much longer!!!





Our good friends Cameron & Wendy had a baby this past week (aren't they so cute, I stole one of their pictures:) A couple weeks ago I went to Wendy's baby shower and made her a little diaper cake with clothes, wash cloths and lots of little diapers. It was fun, I added my own touch by including ribbon with little puppies on it :) congrats guys!





Instead of baking this winter, I've learned to make organic soups from scratch and I must say it is much more delicious than soup from a can! I love soup! and in Minneapolis, you can eat soup almost year round :)


My desk needed a little valentines cheer so I turned this:

Into this:

We all know that I have plenty of Mountain Dew boxes... now if I could think of a craft for each one I'd be in good shape!! Send ideas my way :)

8 comments:

  1. Nice job with the cake! You are a great soup model, just so you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you and Tyler look so happy in the snow with your cute hats!

    Love the diaper cake and valentines craft! You are so talented!!! The soup also looks delicious! Soups are perfect for Minneapolis weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, what? Are you telling me that you turned that soda can box into those hearts there? what manner of sorcery did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    You look so cute in the snow with your pretty smile!!! According to TWC, this is the third snowiest winter on record in Minne--and you got to be part of it!! Hey we still talk about the Chicago blizzard we survived 33 years ago. Love your craftiness. You are so talented and thoughtful. The Purdue win over OSU was exciting and Etuan was on fire. Jackson looked great against Wisconsin. Imagine what they could do if they had Robby Hummel!! Keep warm up there, enjoy your soups. Miss you honey.
    Love Mom XXX000

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello There. The Diaper cake is cute. I'm sure they really appreciated it. The soup looks delicious. I especially love the organic part :) Katie your creativity is amazing. That is truly a gift. And while you know I love the snow, I've actually gotten a bit tired of it too. We are close to 80 inches! I hope you and Ty are both feeling better & hope to see you soon. D&B xoxoxo Hi to Georgie boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooWoo, we made your blog!!! That was mighty nice of you. You need to come see the little man! I am on leave all this next week, maybe that will work. Thanks again for great stuff you gave him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a test because it didn't post before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tyler and Katie,

    I'm visiting Leaza and John and reading your blog. Glad you were able to come to Ken's funeral. I'll try to look at your blog from my computer at work sometime (am not online at home yet.) Love you,

    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete