Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sibling weekend!

This past weekend my brother (Andrew) and his girlfriend (Lauren) plus their dog (Kaia) came to visit us in Minneapolis! We did some shopping at the Mall of America, went to dinner, got the bikes out, played cards, went to many golf stores and played 9 holes (Andrew & Ty), made curtains and watched some basketball. It was a busy and splendid weekend. I have been very anxious to bike and Ty has been very anxious to golf - it was a great weekend for both!

Mr George went to visit Brett & Dan for the weekend since he would be a little grumpy with another pup. They seemed happy to have him and now he's been asleep on the couch since he got home (which is very standard).





Lauren & I got fabric to make curtains for their house while the boys watched the final four (Go Butler!)


We ended the weekend with a little euchre tournament... I had the best hand possible and had to get a picture (this has never happened in the 10ish years I've been playing!)


Come back soon!!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! What did the curtains end up looking like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, wait. I gotta know... did you stop the game and say, "Wait, hang on! Let me go get the camera. I gotta blog this."

    or did you re-create your winning hand later?

    I won't sleep until I know the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a great week-end KT, & always nice to see family :) You are right, we loved to have George stay over & look forward to the next time. Congrats on your card hand. Have a great week.

    D&B xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reuben,
    I hope you're not still awake waiting for my response. I did stop and say "hang on I need a picture of this hand!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad George enjoyed his weekend! Kaia says thanks to Brett, Dan, and George :) ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good weekend with Andrew, Lauren and Kaia. George looks right at home in Brett's lap. Looks like it is starting to warm up in Minneapolis. Keep posting those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures of all of you. Glad you could spend some time together. Too bad Butler lost their momemtum going into the final four. I was hoping they could win it all. Glad to see your creativity continues with the curtains. They are easy to make and make a big difference. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Happy upcoming birthday to Tyler and Lauren. Hard to believe you and Andrew are 28 now, doesnt seem possible. Glad you are seeing good weather now and hope you have many sunny days to enjoy. Love you
    MOM XXX000

    ReplyDelete