Sunday, January 17, 2010

Warm Weather in January?!?!

This has been a great week! The temps have been in the 30's (when they are normally around -15 this time of year!) so we've been out enjoying it. Thursday night I went (unexpectedly) to see Dreamgirls the musical at the Orpheum. It was amazing!!!! Especially if you liked the movie... I highly recommend if it comes to a city near you :)

Friday we stayed in, watched a few movies and relaxed. Saturday it was nearly 40 degrees so I got up and went over to campus to pick up my books, walked around campus for a bit, decided to go downtown and walk around and go to the Target. Oh how I miss working downtown and all the great shopping :) Spent a couple hours there, headed home to pick up Ty and get him out of the house!!! We went over to Burger Jones in uptown for a late lunch/early dinner, then I actually convinced him to walk around Lake Calhoun (which is about 3 miles) after ward. It was a lot of fun, there were a ton of people out walking on the paths, some were walking on the ice and some were skating on the ice. It was quite a scene. I could handle the winter if it were more like this!

Now I'm getting ready to start class next week. I'm taking a class called Data Analysis & Statistics for Mangers...so I'm sure it'll keep me busy. I start on Tuesday and I'll have class for 12 weeks. It will go by quickly I'm sure. Then before I know it, winter will be gone and we'll be packing our bags for Hawaii!! :) Tyler started his Target basketball league last week, so he plays basketball every Monday night with some friends from work. He lost his first game, but hopefully they can pick it up for the next game. When I make a game, I'll be sure to post a few pics.

Anyway, enjoy a few pics from our warm January afternoon at the lake. Hope everyone had a great weekend. We miss you all!
I couldn't end a blog with out the mention of little George!! Here is a pick of him sitting on the couch (which is his favorite spot). He sends his love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your update. Good luck with your new class. Glad you had warm winter weather this week. It has been better in SBI as well. Each day closer to springtime. Mom just can't figure out the blog. We got the new TV from BB installed by the geeksquad. Pretty nice upgrade. Matt seems to be doing well at PG. He was off for MLK day on Monday. You, Ty and George stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it figured out honey. Love the pictures and miss Lake Harriet. I wish I had a lake to walk around. I am sure it is cold but beautiful in the winter time. Keep warm. Nice hat, scarf, gloves and jacket by the way. Love you.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you went to DREAMGIRLS Katie. That is so cool. I am so happy you went as I know you really wanted to go. The movie was great (I think we watched it at your house once), and we saw it another time or two. It's always fun to see pics of George and you two of course. I'm looking forward to seeing George Friday on my day off. Hi also to everyone else reading this. I hope you are having fun with the Super Bowl. Sorry, I think you know we aren't big on Football, but thanks for the offer of having us over. Take care & have a great week. Talk to you soon. Brett & Dan xxx ooo

    ReplyDelete